by Helana Brigman | January 26, 2011 7:00 pm
GD Star Rating
Since my recent visit to Maine, I have wanted nothing more than to indulge in clams, mussels, and other delicious sea fare.
Having found a small Asian food market on the outskirts of Baton Rouge that specializes in the strangest of seafood, I finally had Clams in the deep south and they were…delicious.See this version of Jaden Hair’s Beer Steamed Clams for a light, hearty, delicious take on clams.Beer-Steamed Clams
Yield: 2-3 servings
This recipe comes from one of my favorite food and cooking blogs, Steamy Kitchen with Jaden Hair. Jaden’s recipe calls for clams to be steamed in beer with a combination of bacon and tomatoes to add flavor to this broth. It’s easy, fast, and so clearly delicious. For Jaden’s version of the recipe, you can find it here
* 2 strips bacon, diced (I prefer Maple Bacon)
* 1/2 onion, minced
* 1 clove garlic, pressed
* 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño
* 1 (12-ounce) bottle of beer (Jaden suggests Lager)
* 2 pounds clams
* 1/4 lemon
* 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped fine
* crusty bread
1.) Rinse clams and add to a clean surface.
2.) Add chopped bacon to a large pot and sauté until crispy. Add onions, garlic, and jalapenos. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until onions are tender.
3.) Pour beer into pot and warm until bubbly. Add clams and tomatoes. Spread clams around to even out. Cover pot and cook for 2-3 minutes. Check clams to see if they’ve opened. If clams still have not opened, cover and steam for 1 more minute. Discard any clams that are not open.
Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!
- here: http://steamykitchen.com/7241-beer-steamed-clams-with-bacon-tomatoes.html
- [Image]: http://www.mycitycuisine.org/wiki/Steamed_Clams
- Helana Brigman: http://www.clearlydeliciousfoodblog.com/about/
- [Image]: http://www.linkwithin.com/
Source URL: http://www.clearlydeliciousfoodblog.com/2011/beer-steamed-clams/
Copyright ©2017 Clearly Delicious unless otherwise noted.